View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 14:13   Link #25
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I don't mean to ruin everyone's Dragonic high, but the loosely linked, randomness of the Impel Down Arc so far has been dissettling a little.

It's logically a mess. I wish it would just make sense, you know? This whole concept of Okamas hiding in a tunneled out paradise within Impel Down is irritatingly stupid.

Couldn't Oda do it a little more seriously? Like: seeing as the head of the underground league of semi-escapees is headed by an officer of Dragon, who is, I remind you, the Revolutionary, he could have been organizing a coup d'etat, and laying low. Like a small, highly efficient band of militants, who would stealthily spirit away useful prisoner to recruit them to their cause.

Doesn't that sound more logically appealing than transvestites cramped in a dug-out, drinking and smoking and basking in decadent opulence? I mean...wow...

I mean: some things just simply are logical, and some things are simply not.
This is OP, crazy and not logical are what its about, I love the randomness that comes up in OP at any given time cause here it just works.

trying to mount a coup d'état is no easy thing and given that Magellan himself is probably the best riot deterrent there is, I wouldn't see many prisoners wanting to go up against him. I doubt even Iwa would want to face Magellan either.