View Single Post
Old 2009-04-08, 17:00   Link #32
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I don't remember anyone asking what happend to the crew for a while, so I'm assuming that everyone is happy with the plot so far.
Personally, I don't mind much - it's nice to see something new and different (so long as it is done well) and I can wait to see what happens to the crew. I do care what happens to them of course, but I don't find any particular crew mate more important than the story as a whole. I dare say other readers are different but maybe they've gotten used to the thought (not much choice).

Quote:
At first I was thinking that each crew member's side training story should be as long as Luffy's, but not everyone might landed in the same moment on their destination and we don't know how they will assemble. Nami is "trapped" in the sky island, but that nothing in comaprison to Robin or Chopper. They might have diffrent level of trouble with leaving their new training grounds.
It's a rather curious setup. Kuma seems about the only one who could bring back the crew quickly. But will he? I don't see how he logically could in a short amount of time unless he personally can move between islands in an hour or two (which doesn't seem consistent). Think about it - if it takes Kuma a few days to travel between islands and he has to go to 8 different islands then its going to take around a month. So, I'm not expecting to see the crew return before the finale of this arc - particularly when Kuma's kinda stuck with the other Shichibukai for now.

Instead, we might well have to wait for each of them to make it back under their own skill - they'll have to solo the first half of the Grand Line. Which means waiting months. That's much more than a simple training arc - and a lot more "real" if you ask me. Would also make for excellent preparation for the New World. Of course, this would also mean Luffy would have to hang around the area, waiting for his crew to return, but I'm sure he can do that.