View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 03:02   Link #403
Jarmel

I would like to apologize wasting other posters' time with that major argument after episode 5. This show had much serious problems than character logic or thought. I do still stand by my earlier point about the atrocious writing. This is the first time I've ever given the middle finger to my screen while watching an anime episode.

They wasted over half the episode on frivolous crap such as the graduation ceremony instead of delving more into Yurippe or Kanade's backstory, like how did Yurippe or Kanade die but I guess all this stuff is just minor details. They instead decided to give Kanade a couple of lines at the end after Otonashi flat out lied and tricked everybody. Otonashi in the end turned out to be a bit of a scumbag but I did laugh pretty hard when he gave that speech or the ridiculous crying at the end. They literally wasted so much time on something that added nothing to the plot or the characters. Not to mention how they essentially just up and left the other SSS characters backgrounds. How about the lack of background on the main villain which they just clearly left open. Anyway I doubt that more episodes would have saved this show as they clearly didn't have any more material to work with unless they saved essentially everything for the side materials.

This is pretty much a crappier version of Lost(which had its own problems)with a heavy Key element.

P.S. It takes a special type of scumbag to lie to all your friends and decide to stay with your girlfriend in eternity. I was actually somewhat impressed.