View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 20:20   Link #504
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think that the most impressive thing this episode had was the stunning animation and how it showcased the different art styles in the span of 20-something minutes. That said, I also liked how well everything felt like it was well timed, especially the music and the voice acting, and I thought the pacing was pretty good for an introductory episode as well. We got to know what's our lead like and how he meet the lead female (who, BTW, I thought they managed to make her eyes more mystical and mesmerizing as opposed to terrifying as I thought they were from the early PV ... there is still this unearthly quality to them, especially when compared to the rest of the casts more ''normal'' looking irises, but I can see how they can bee seen as being closer to being ''beautiful but alien'' as opposed to ''unnatural'') and I liked the chemistry going on between the two.

In general, pretty good episode. It didn't blow me out of the water like many other shows had done, but it got me interested enough in the show to check it for more.