Old 2009-06-17, 05:13   Link #39
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
show me an american or israeli leader who would dare to say something like that
that they are in power because GOD put them in power
Too easy. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003...2/usa.religion

"The book also shows that in the lead-up to announcing his candidacy for the presidency, Bush told a Texan evangelist that he had had a premonition of some form of national disaster happening.

Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.' "

Bold mine.

Though you seem to be missing something on this Iran issue. The one of the reasons the ayatollahs didn't want Mousavi to win is because they're concerned that he wouldn't listen to them. This is a guy who has refused to run for political office for 20 years, all of a sudden changing his mind and wanting to run. He has a fair degree of public support as well. If he came out and ran for office again after all this time, clearly he has a reason. He's even openly stated he wanted political reforms such as allowing privately owned television stations and presidential control of police. That supporting privately owned TV stations alone is enough to get them to not want this guy as president.