View Single Post
Old 2008-10-26, 20:00   Link #2
Falkor

I think any kind of discussion regarding Nagi has been already done multiple times in the general discussion thread… but still, it’s too quiet here, considering the fact she is supposed to be the main character of the show…

Almost everything has been said about Nagi, from the seiyuu and the color gamut of her voice, to her personality traits and her role in the story. Nagi is supposed to be a goddess, but any “divinity” she might’ve had has been replaced for more human characteristics--and one odd personality. They way she interacts with people or just her everyday interaction with Jin, shows how well has been hidden the fact she is not human; and yet, for this particular individual to have no problems adapting to the human world… there must be something, I guess.

Character design-wise, there’s no doubt that Nagi is the most unique character among the countless anime girls created in the past decade. But it’s sort of funny if someone were to think of her in the real world—there’s no way to imitate her looks, and get a good, yet plausible result. Imagine that: long blue hair, short bangs, and little presence of eyebrows—I really wonder about this latter, you know… and besides her cute bra, I must admit that she wears very attractive clothing, a bit extravagant perhaps, but the overall combo including her short white skirt and her long boots is just love--and sets her character apart.