View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 06:04   Link #61
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
IV breeding is a pain in the butt because unlike EV, IV depends on luck and you can spend hours trying to breed for the right nature and have perfect IVs. There are tools that determine the IV from the stats, but most won't care. IV doesn't make much difference since a high IV only gains like 1-10 which won't make that much advantage.

Also, getting the perfect Hidden Power type is pain too because those depend on IV values as well.
Thing is though I've more or less got manipulating IV's during breeding down to the wire the problem is I spend more time booting up the slowpoke lv100 Wifi battle to figure out my IV's than I do actually breeding and its annoying. Natures aren't a problem since you can use the Everstone method to lock in good natures.

Also you're right IV's don't matter too much with proper EV training as long they're decentish but there are IV's which for me do matter being speed, HP and the main attacking stat your using. When you consider a difference of 1 speed is already enough to make you go second and if you know most Pokemon speed bases its nice to know if the opponent has no chance of outspeeding you. In the case of HP its for substitutes and 'pinch' berry activation.

If the certain thing I'm training doesn't need speed than switch speed for either of the defenses.

Eitherway for me the big hope for me with this iteration is more improvements to the online play (quicker please), a way of finding opponents without friend codes and those minor touches to make this the definitive game for breeding. Considering GSC introduced breeding I think they may as well go the whole length.

Quote:
Definitely don't need more Pokemon... We already have enough... Any more, and soon we will get some downgrade evolution of Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd is well overdue for an evolution that makes it...I don't know...useful? They did it for a bulk of the more useless cast in 4th Gen...and the not quite as useless. (Why did they evolve Dusclops, its already plenty powerful. =_=)

Also not all the new Pokemon look ugly and out of touch considering I'm from the same old school gen of players I've found plenty I love. Seriously gotta love some of these designs. These three especially are my faves of the new gen.

And I think people sometimes forget the original gen had insults to life like these...

Last edited by Sety; 2009-05-11 at 06:19.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote