View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 00:14   Link #94
Somnus
Eh?

Being a romance buff, we've reached my favourite part of the series, and it was adapted perfectly I'd say. I pretty much had a huge grin plastered on my face the entire time. This is definitely not a series where you would expect a rare instance "post-couple established" development, let alone this early. Though I do have to agree that being a .hack fan really makes you think of Aura when you look at Yui (white dress and all).

All in all, after you factor in my huge bias and undying love for this part of the LN I couldn't give it anything less than 10/10.

I'd also like to reply to some earlier posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersun View Post
i hate yui... retarded kid
My love for SAO aside, this is a really lame attitude to have. Period. Of course, I'm not really here to lecture you on personality traits that rub me the wrong way, but it would do you good to take two seconds out of your life to consider that there are reasons that things are the way they are. Whether it's a plot that's not fully fleshed out, or a person's circumstance; thoughtfulness, respect and understanding go a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And again, my biggest problem with this series is just how incredibly inconsistent the game's realism is. I know I keep saying that but it's just getting REALLY silly now. This episode had hardly any indications they were inside a game at all, and as soon as those army men came in demanding taxes be paid, that just cut it for me. It's a goddamn MMO guys, treat it like one.

Anyway, hopefully this is just a bump on the road for me. I don't expect those realism inconsistencies to be fixed anytime soon, but at least there's a lot of time to get back to what I actually find entertaining about this show.
Hate to call you out on this, and repeat what some have pointed out already, but there are plenty of MMOs that are built for these types of things, or have similar experiences built-in. Surely some have them more fleshed out than others, but SAO is supposed to be the latest and greatest in MMO technology, and there's no reason to believe that certain aspects of life simulation wouldn't be included in this.

As for the tax thing, again, that's no stranger to MMOs (or life, really). The weak get bullied by the strong, and when you've been in this "game" for 2 years straight, it's no longer just a game. It's your life. Lastly, to further drive that point home (and possibly differs based on subs source), but even someone like Asuna is starting to say "if we get out."