View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 06:48   Link #199
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by overloard View Post
In any case, if he saw fit to go rogue in such crucial time as final battle without regard for possible consequences, I can totally imagine him trying to dethrone Ezelcant during more "peaceful" time.
Except, he just does not like Zeheart.

Quote:
The main problem with Ezelcant holding power is that he doesn't appear to actually have loyal faction.
I don't think that's it. It's more of the opposite; the people are too loyal to him.

Quote:
I can imagine Ezelcant selling "graduate progress" bullshit to civilians, but commanders, who are the ones carrying out his orders, probably must notice that the war is not going the most optimal way, that some orders make little sense, that they are loosing their technological advantage, etc. In this case, obedience can be expected only from the fanatics like Zeheart and Gerra Zoi, but as it turns out, not all Vagan commanders are like that.
There's nothing that says that at all. Zeheart and Gerra Zoi are commanders of their own soldiers; both portrayed to think that all these are according to (Ezelcant's) plan that will eventually lead to Vagan's favour.

Last edited by kakakka; 2012-09-26 at 07:06.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote