View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 09:03   Link #30
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Scrapbook III (Ep. 06)

<Saigus used at the rituals>

The ritual equipments used are known as "saigu," and are safely locked away at the Furude Shrine and in the storages of the other gosanke.

However, these "saigu" are all of contemporary form and none of them reveal the true nature of the dark history of the Onigafuchi village. Had these been lost along with the rituals when the era changed from the end of the Edo period to Meiji? I do not believe so. I sternly believe that the real "saigus" used during the nights of Onikakushi and sacrificial rituals still exist. They exist right here and now, at somewhere in this village of Hinamizawa.

I have 90% certainty where they might be stored. For some reason starting from this year, the place that I suspect stores these items have been changed from a tightly secured lock to a simple padlock. I'm pretty sure that such a cheap lock can be picked open very easily by that man.

However, the village meetings are held very close to that location with high human activity. But I do not give up. The night where all of Hinamizawa will be attending is approaching. That is the prime time to go under the darkness as a blindspot.

It's almost the time for Watanagashi.

---------------------------------------------------
gosanke: literally means "The Big Three Households." This will be explained in detail in Scrapbook VII

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-14 at 19:48.