View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 09:38   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

It's time for the festival (Ep. 06)

murmurs murmurs...

Police Investigator A: "Man, you're tired already? Tomorrow's the big day! You'd better put yourself back into shape cuz you're gonna to work from dawn to midnight, alright?!"
Kuma-chan: "Yes sir! I'll give it 120% sir!"
PI A: "Yeah, that's the spirit! That's how young'uns should be!"
PI B: "Good night y'all! Tomorrow's Watanagashi. Make sure y'all get good sleep tonight to build up strenght for tomorrow!"

Tomorrow is Watanagashi.

There are two sides to a festival - one is the side that enjoys it, and the other is the one that provides it. In the former, all one needs for preparation is their excitement. But for the latter, you need the will of the body, the power of the mind, and a well coordinated plan. While everyone is enjoying the festival, we must be constantly stay focused to provide security. Why?

PI A: "Duh! It's because the beer tastes great after everything's done!"
Everyone: "Wahahahahahaha!"

This what I love about these athletic type guys! They give it all they've got for the reward that comes afterwards!

Kuma-chan: "Ooh, he's here...!"

Oishi-san steps in. Everyone jolts and stands up.

Oishi: "It's okay, relax. There's no need to stand. How's it going, you guys?"
Everyone: "Very well sir!!"

Even though these investigators are much more veterans than me, they hold high respect towards Oishi-san. They talk like the members in cheering gangs that are addressing their superior.

This is Oishi Kuraudo-san. He's a lone-wolf type of guy who doesn't do much these days. He is spending his last year here until his upcoming retirement. He often uses indecent languages and has the image of a lecherous old man. But according to these veteran investigators, it seems he had built a lot of legends during his tenure. ...Anyway, his presence in this room is lot larger than the section manager that came along with him.

Section Manager: "I thank you all for preparing for tomorrow's Watanagashi."

Everyone listens to the section manager's words.

Section Manager: "As with last year, we will be there to prevent any unusual activity that may occur touted as a part of the serial murders. Please give everything you got to prevent such a crime happening once again."
Everyone: "Yes, sir!!"
Oishi: "Sure, it'll be best if nothing happens but....be wary that it is going to happen again. It will be ideal to prevent the thing from happening, but there's probably no use. One person is going to die and another is gonna go missing. There's no use denying it. Unfufufufu!"

Everyone but the section manager started to chuckle.

SM: "Oishi-san, you can't say that! You've gotta handle this more seriously..."
Oishi: "The goal isn't to get through the with festival. ...It's to bite down hard on what's gonna happen tomorrow night and never letting it go. Squeeze up your asses y'all!! We're going to bust down and rip open the truth of the Oyashiro-sama's curse!!!!"
Everyone: "YES SIR!!!!"

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-12 at 00:54.