View Single Post
Old 2014-10-04, 06:15   Link #1212
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
That is probably not the reason for that, the text could be the reason for that, but voice?
The biggest reason that I can think of is that the 360 version didn't have enough space for it since the Japanese PSN store size is 12.6 GB (but at the same time, the 360 version have cut content) or Atlus didn't want the Japanese audio and removed it.

it wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the battle voices can be in Japanese is so that the online mode doesn't break and they would have removed that as well if they could.
It's to prevent reverse imports into Japan due to the higher prices in Japan. It's always been this way with Atlus releases and the only outlier was the original Arena game where they managed to release the ONLY GAME ON THE PS3 WITH REGION LOCK (just highlighting this due to the 6 MONTH DELAY IN THE EUROPEAN RELEASE).

I was hoping that Sega would have made these kind of decisions go away but I should have known better. Sega might have dual audio in their last releases but those were years ago and they have still to release Valkyria Chronicles 3.