View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 23:31   Link #1518
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm really going to suffer tomorrow, but I need to sneak in a comment before hitting the hay or I won't be able to go to sleep ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Obama won on the economy, women's rights, some on Libya, and energy. But, Romney won on job creation easily and somewhat taxes and had a great job generally debunking of Obama's record (note, Romney actually addressed his future plans, however stupid they may be, but Obama mentioned little to nothing about plans for the future). They both failed on the gun creation, Romney failed miserably on Libya. Still, this was a decent debate.
Agreed on that Romney actually had far better debate factually than his first one. His take on the job creation was soild and far better than Obama. And yet, I thought this format showed so clearly how much he struggles whenever he needs to address general audience. He was great in the previous because his sole focus was on the president. In this format, he had to address regular people and the way he slipped with comments such as "binders full of women" just reassert what the Obama camp machine has been spinning for months. To me Romney appeared out of his element, uncomfortable, and naturally struggles to connect with regular Joes.

Yes I agree that Romney held up his own pretty nicely, but that's all he did. As you and I keep pointing it out, substance has very little to do with anything in these type of televised debate. It's mostly about how a candidate and the incumbent appears to a 65+ million viewers who are tuning in. Despite the amount of outrageous things Romney said in the last one, his performance was hailed by everyone as "presidential." And despite how well he held up on his own against Obama in this debate, he may very well have lost all of his momentum, and may even see a downward trend from here on. The scary part for Romney campaign was that Obama could have done so much better in this debate. Obama improved, but not by much and yet he appeared (as stupid as it sounds) "presidential."

I'll try my best to log in sometime later tomorrow, so hopefully by then Solace will be finished submitting his own input. Here I come, bed.