View Single Post
Old 2010-05-19, 03:28   Link #420
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Misaka can't even use her electricity at all when she grabbed Touma's right hand as well. Her power completely disabled.
She can still use it. But she wants to zap touma and it's just great that she's grabing the right hand she can still use the electricity on the other side of her body or she can still generate it but it still wouldn't hurt touma

Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact that Misaka can do more damage than his punch. With a well-coordinated attack or strategy, Misaka can become good artillery role for Touma's faction.
That's true, heck railgun hurts a lot more than touma's iron fist

Quote:
Why do you have the impression that she cannot herself for long enough? You shouldn't sound like she is freaking noob or weakling. She did fight against AIM Burst and Lv4 and Lv5 espers (ITEM) by herself. Give her some credit. She probably not the brightest bulb in the world, but she is still smart enough to come out with something to compensate on what she lacks. She can be a good support to Touma.
No, she can handle herself. She can handle herself to even to the point when she saw touma in the news and confirm that even a war is starting between russia and A.C. and also she just confirmed that the higher ups is wanting touma to return. She snuck into one of the base that has a plain on it. And hijack it, to go to russia.

Quote:
She didn't help in that fight because if she did, the Lv6 Project won't be cancelled since it will considered as 2 Lv5 Espers beating Lv5 Esper, which is why Touma decided to fight alone.
this is also a true and maybe not entirely true. Touma want to fight alone to cancel it and to protect misaka. But if misaka did happen to help she would surely die. Can you see her expression when she will fire her railgun.... it's the expression of someone ready to die PLUS it happens to be she's seeking punishment for she's blaming herself.

Quote:
Accelerator did plan to take down the Misaka and Imouto when both of them stopped his plasma attack...and you can see it won't end well for Accelerator.
why it won't end of accelerator? the only thing I can see after he killed Misaka is she would just be chewed by the higher ups but it's not like they can do anything.

Quote:
I am not saying that Misaka is good enough to fight all those uber opponent by herself. But she can prove her worthy with under the right condition. Touma + Misaka combination still better than Touma alone. After all, her power is damn versatile in almost every situation, which can open a lot of strategy/tactical option for battle.
this is also true. When touma went to save kuroko. Misaka did happen to be a help.

Quote:
and isn't that Misaka should considered as 2nd strongest Lv5 Esper in A.C. City since Kakine is pretty much dead?
Maybe, maybe not..... kakine is just living in a test tube like Aleister now. But mugino is still alive and kicking while she has a electron burst or something terrying hand.
And this mugino can just went on full power meltdowner... I think, because she's mostly recreated by her own power + the technology of dark tech.
Quote:
By the way, can I know how many times that Misaka had become a burden for Touma? Because it sure look like a freaking trend for everyone to said Misaka = burden in this thread. So far, I only know that Misaka being burden and her solely lost to Accelerator...Is there more in the novel?
summary from my point of view
vol 1 pestering the boy with terrible luck
vol 3 main problem
vol 5 attack of the golem
vol 8 friend of the source of problem
vol 9 not entirely
vol 12 date or punishment
vol 13 help take out hound dogs
vol 15 she found it out
vol 16 confrontation
vol 18 she's calling but no one's answering
vol 19 worried
vol 20 saw her BF on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
too bad misaka isn't an experienced fighter and she and touma never fought together, so the well-coordinated strategy would be difficult to pull of...

Never, since she never fought alongside him
Misaka can fight on her own. She can well handle those hound dogs and the scientist that conducts the experiments and she can easily beat up most of the "normals level" out their

as for combo attack, well in vol 8 when touma is recuing kuroko. She did help by after touma punch the tower back into hyperspace, she did fire her railgun to attac awaki. But then again awaki manage to escape to get even beaten

then their is from vol 13 but in vol 13 they go separate ways.... so they never fight along side their

Quote:
let's see...because Fiamma can erase Rome(which is bigger than New York) in one attack?

she isn't. It's just Touma's current enemy is too powerful

yes...none of which would be even nearly a match for Fiamma

I do give her credit. The problem is that she isn't powerful enough to fight the top tier characters, nor does she have an hax ability to compensate, nor does she have great experience or knowledge...

this is the point: Touma+misaka vs Fiamma, Misaka would be a burden.

No, not always. Not against an enemy who could obliterate mikoto in one attack
this mainly the problem that's why we view her as a burden to touma if they want to fight side by side in vol 21. She manage to sneak up from A.C. to go to Russia. But Russia is a war zone and in their the TOP TIER are gathering.

What can Mikoto do their?

Quote:
Touma+Accelerator+Acqua+Aurrelus vs Fiamma, Mikoto stays away from the battle and only steps up after Fiamma's exhausted, or stays away and attacks him from afar when his defence is down, then she'd be pretty useful
you forgot that even if Fiamma is exhausted in battle. He could just summon the JohnPen Mode index which is = to a Demon Lord because it's pack with all the magic knowledge out their. So their isn't much weak point against that guy.

Plus now that he got Sasha. From Sasha, he could exctract the telesma from Arch Angel Gabriel. And turn into a more overly strong one.

Quote:
I'm not saying Mikoto wouldn't be useful for Touma, i'm saying she would be about as useful as the Amakusa, and would take a similar role in helping Touma. Of course, she's individualy more powerful than anyone in the Amakusa, so she could be of help even against powerful enemies, under the right circumstances. But she would be a burden if she were to fight alongside Touma against these kind of enemies, unless there's someone else(like Kaori) who could provide help for both
I think Tatemiya Seiji "the Bro" is much more helpful than her or stronger.... maybe not combat power level because Misaka can easily blast seiji. At least Seiji can support touma ..... but it's more likely that the whole amakusa is better choice but the current problem is all the magicians of necesarius are in england and wouldn't even lay a helping hand to touma. Because of the "QUEEN" and I think it's also due to the arch bishop "LAURA". Those two schemers that created the remote control for index and now because of that. The enemy controls index.

Quote:
basically: Touma+Mikoto vs Top Tier magician = probably a burden
Touma+other powerful allies+mikoto = probably helpful(depends on how powerful are both the enemy and the allies)
Mikoto stays away from the battlefield and uses her power for long range attacks or support = most likely helpful
Best strategy concerning a combo of those two. It would be touma as the attacker and Misaka as a long range artillery and as an artillery. She should stay away as possible so she wouldn't be targeted + her ligthning attacks has range but her signature move wouldn't even give the enemies a scratch.... maybe a decoy ... no.
It's more appropriate that while touma is attacking. Misaka is attacking with long range and it gives the opponent hard time to attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know, she seems pretty good in Railgun manga...

It's truth that Mikoto wouldn't be able to handle Fiamma, But that's the case for anybody else. Touma has Lessar with him, surely you don't think she can handle Fiamma? At the same time, she isn't a burden (As far as I know), what you're saying is that Mikoto would do worse than Lessar?
No, when Fianmma attack the base while touma and lessar are having conversation with the other possible allies. No one stood a chance their and just a living target practice for Fianmma. If touma's not their to handle all the deadly attacks of Fianmma then they would all perished.
heck I don't even know the magic of Lessa........... We only know that N.L. is like what Oriana used to be. A transporter.

Quote:
Look I'm just saying why wouldn't you want Mikoto to watch his back? I mean, Touma has been making do with alot less before. For once to have a powerful Esper by his side no matter how you cut it, can only be seen as a huge bonus compared to the usual help he gets.
(That, and I admit to be bias to the idea of seeing Touma and Mikoto tag-team ever since rescuing Kuroko in Vol 8 )
She could help a lot here. Like in vol 13. When she handle all those pesky hound dogs because touma can't even compete against guns. And in Russia with tons of military power. Their would be bound special units that are aiming for Touma and Lessar. And if Mikoto is by their side then their wouldn't be a problem at all
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote