Thread: Left 4 Dead
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-13, 04:11   Link #221
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

In my honest opinion, while I think a lot of the new content is great, I think it still has a lot of balance problems and AI issues. When I say the AI is dumb, I didn't mean just the survivors AI. The enemy AI also tends to be pretty dumb as well, and hardly a challenge if your team knows how to stay together and simply rush through. I did it several times on Expert with a few exceptions which, in my opinion, shouldn't even be possible.

Overall, what I was trying to get at, and failed to mention it in thi particular manner, was that it seems more like an expansion pack and not really a full sequel (new enemies, new guns, new weapons), since gameplay-wise, it is still almost exactly the same. I can justify this because the things that annoyed me about L4D 1 I didn't feel were properly addressed. If I complain about them, then certainly I'm not the only one, because I know people complained about the same things I am now in L4D 1. Not to mention it still uses the exact same engine. It just has better graphics this time.

I'm missing the "wow" factor that I was expecting, and everyone seems to be overhyping about. Sure, it LOOKS better, but it plays almost exactly the same, unless you did what I did a couple games and tried to do melee-only. Which typically fails, but is good for laughs. I actually got to the middle of the hedge-row area but I died when I tried to cr0wn a wandering witch with my machete. Catastrophic (though expected) fail. Though it is fun, I still can't see myself buying it for the full price. If I get news about major issues fixed, then I would be more than happy to. But as is, I'll probably end up waiting a while til the price drops.