View Single Post
Old 2010-01-07, 15:44   Link #40
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

* General impression of the series
Basically, I felt it was more of a fanservice comedy than a mystery and when it did try at the serious moments, it didn't flow and felt strained.
* Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
Terrible. Everything felt horribly rushed and since they omitted so many crucial plot points, I think it would be difficult - if not impossible - for non-VN readers to fully understand or solve the true mystery.
* Thoughts about the animation quality.
Again, strained. I'll admit there were a few good scenes where the animation quality was smooth, but there were numerous continuity errors - especially in character consistency. Beato at the start looks extremely different at the end. In EP1 she was drawn with a Griaffe neck and slanty Takano-esque eyes. By the end, her anatomy had improved, but she had turned completely moe. (I understand this is part of the story, but a smoother transition would have made it all more believeable.)
* Will there be additional DVD only episodes and what will they contain.
I doubt it. Hell nows if they'll even be a second series, I've heard the sales were that bad.
* How did the anime compare with the game?
Game >>> Anime. I'm sorry, but it was a poor, rushed adaptation of a brilliant series.
* Characters/Character Design
I talked about this before with Beato, but it applies to some of the other characters too. Though I liked how Battler and Ronoe were portrayed.
* What the show meant to you.
Really, it was more to see how much it would differ from the game, and it gave me something to do. But if there IS a second season and the quality is like this, I won't be watching it.
* What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
Almost everything. I would have loved to see the BGM music featured more prominently. I was so let down when classic tracks like HOM weren't played in their key scenes.

Animation Quality: 6-10
Voice Actors: 9-10. I was really impressed with the Seiyuu.
Script: 3-10
Adaptation from Game: 4-10
Editing: 4-10.
Chii Kei is offline   Reply With Quote