View Single Post
Old 2008-11-10, 19:52   Link #47
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I don't like the fourth wall stuff either, I thought the director's cameo was going to be a one off, I think having the characters talking about the script writing etc is rather jarring, it doesn't feel like that kind of meta-level type show, that kind of thing is more at home in something like Excel Saga, and I don't really want to think of Kannagi in Excel Saga terms (though the secret identity and part time jobs does make a sort of parallel between Nagi and Excel... would this mean Jin is Il Palazzo? But in that case would Tsugumi or Zange be Hyatt?).

But apart from the loss of the extra wall, and also Jin's psychotic episode, I did enjoy the episode. I felt sorry for Tsugumi, witnessing Jin literally going bananas over Nagi's cuteness.

From the photographic flier for the cafe, I wondered if Cafe Maidia might actually exist (like the Cafe With Cat in Doujin Work) but some googling didn't reveal one (though there is a blog called Maidia which must be getting a lot of spurious hits right now...)

Close this thread, Open the nexT

Last edited by Samatarou; 2008-11-10 at 20:07.