View Single Post
Old 2010-05-11, 00:59   Link #56
Yosei
Death by writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Each character is just so different, that you'd probably have to evaluate each character based on what his or her field is. You have pure fighters such as Ran Fan and Fu who could probably run circles around Ed and Al, but bring alchemy into the mix and the outcome might turn out differently. Another example: Roy and his flame alchemy would most likely give Ed a lot of trouble (not to metion that he can pretty much take on homunculli such as Greed and Lust on his own), but if but if Ed manages to bring that fight in close quarters, I don't see Roy coming out on top.

I think your setup is too general. I guess, in the end, it's really depends a lot on circumstances. It's not like a fighting game where you can base the tiers on which charater is the 'best' based on ease of use, move priorities and combo lists.
I see what you mean since I'm a big fan of fighting games. But without any PIS, I reckon some characters are categorically more dangerous than others: for example, with the exception of Pride, the specific human-homunculi union of Wrath is easily better than all the other sins. Personally, I'm convinced of Hohenheim and Father's overall superiority, and of the Xing fighters in their sense of harmony with the environment and pure combat skill.

Spoiler for Off topic in regards to Ed vs Roy:

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy