View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 09:54   Link #18
Kakkou
Tch.

Yuuge didn't do much for me. The food may have looked delicious but the live action kitchen and cooking scenes are really jarring. The food analogies the woman makes just comes off as silly (that yeast and bread thing during sex! lmao) and the story itself was nothing noteworthy. While I did get what the story was telling I guess I didn't really like that she decided her purpose in life was to give her everything to her husband and nothing else. In the end it is her life and her own decision and she's genuinely happy, so there's nothing else to say.

Oh and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, that line was pretty damn bad

He said she did the same thing for him an animal could do... and he included sex. WTF?
The script was pretty awkward at times.
I would've spat my drink had I been drinking during that scene. Thankfully it was an unfortunate mistranslation by the subbers.

While ikimono can be translated as 'animal', it literally means 'living thing', which is not nearly as bad as actually calling her an animal but still an odd choice of words. So in a less offensive way he meant that it was nice to have another living being at home waiting for him, though immediately telling her that she's better than a housepet kind of takes away from it in the end...

Anyway the main problem here was that he actually said: "You've been doing things that a cat, a dog or a bird can't do for me." Can't do. Thank goodness, because I don't want to know what he normally does with the above animals.

EDIT: I think we should just change the thread into a general Otono Joshi no Anime Time thread, seeing how the discussion has gone past Jinsei Best 10, plus it's pretty pointless to have threads for each story.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-03-22 at 10:06.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote