View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 04:21   Link #163
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
As someone who read the VN, I found this episode faithful to the VN (was surprised to see the titles screen in an anime, so loled at that even though it was the same joke), but found that it cut around a bit too much (cut from present to past in attempt to establish the characters, then cuts to the schoolyard,etc). I found it a little rushed, but I'm not too worried since LB is a huge story, so I'm sure they'll find their pace and go with it. The VA didn't disturb me since it's Japanese, and they were using the same VA's as the VN, so I'm used to it, for better or worse. Hate Riki's voice though. The anime is worse in that regard since the VN only had small slices of his voice, but now it will be in every episode .

I laughed at the jokes, but a couple of them were poorly presented because of time constraints and the subtitles tried to translate terms directly to English (boys suggesting variations of "ohaiou gozimous". The joke wasen't great in its native language but even worse when the translator tried to "english-ize" it.

Animation wasn't great, which is too bad because the Clannad anime made those sprites look great in motion.
Well actually, Riki does have a different Seiyuu, as does Sasami and Mio (who we haven't heard yet). I'm pleasantly surprised that you concluded that they were the same people :P