View Single Post
Old 2007-06-20, 02:22   Link #62
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Sign me up for AIR (TV) as well. Even knowing the entire story in advance before watching it, it's still probably the saddest anime I've seen (and since I thought the story was intriguing yet tragic before I even saw the show, I'm not saying this just based on the magnificent visual and musical package). It's sadder than Kanon 2006 IMHO, although I still liked Kanon more overall due to its cast.

I don't think I can praise the AIR movie as much, though, seeing as it did some rather unforgivable things, such as the removal of various characters and their roles. Plus, as some others have said, the AIR movie resembled your average soap opera, whereas the AIR series was far more unique, IMHO. In particular, the sad part that got me was never the romance (which was less evident in the series than I thought it would be), but the mother-child relationship themes. I love the portrayal of this theme across so many examples in the series (I count at least 6 in all). Can't say the same about the movie.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote