Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 18:39   Link #1596
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I need episode 25 to come out now! I must know the fate of Kotetsu.

I might as well say this, but I've always like Sunrise for the fact that they're not cookie cutter with their work. You never know what's gonna happen to your favorite characters so it keeps you glued to your seat.

Most of the stuff they've made are usually original work so there isn't a guarantee for either a happy or sad ending and that's a good thing.

Other companies would pick up something easy to do like a harem series or a shameless fanservice manga to animate since they don't have to think too hard about content. All they have to do is make sure the gainax bounce is on point and you got a winner for 12 episodes.

I'm not saying they're without flaws because they got a lot of those too.

Back on topic though, T&B gives me the feeling of why I started to watch anime in first place. It has this classic hero feel to it that just pulls you in.

As of late, there hasn't been a grown up male protagonist like Kotetsu for a long time since they usually would get washed away with all the adolescent main characters and their little convenient powers. All they do is scream their lungs out while at same time telling their grown ass adult counterparts how to live their lives. All 16 years of it...GTHO! LOL

Ironically enough, this is also a small part of why I sometimes hate how anime has turned their back on the foundation that they once had going for them. More GAR less moe in the future if it's possible. (I happen to like moe too...see avatar.)

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-09-13 at 18:54.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote