View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 03:32   Link #5930
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Except this completely ignores the point I've raised about EA learning that it's futile to attack Orb again since they know they'll get nothing from it. And Orb should recognise that too.
and once again, as the show tells us, the ea does not care, also, they are scaring orb into joining the alliance. They know the EA can curbstomp them again, thats why the Seirans decided to have Orb join the alliance, they even said so in episode 12 " This country is not your toy "

Quote:
So you do have a problem then...

Or have you just forgotten what we were talking about?

My supposed "wild conclusion" is that what Orb did was out of character which you agreed wasn't actually that wild at all.
I said it was out of character for Orb in Seed but not in Destiny. We're given enough character development regarding Orb in Destiny to understand why the country joined the alliance. Honestly, i don't think Orb is what you have a problem with, rather the Seirans and how they suddenly seized control over Cagalli and claimed power over the country over a few episodes.

The Seirans, are shitty characters, but atleast we where given a reason to why Orb suddenly changed from Seed. It's not the best, but atleast its something that makes sense in the end.
Quote:
No he wasn't. I've already explained this: Athrun was clearly taking into account that ZAFT would have to get involved and "complete annihilation" wasn't the result he said was going to happen. Quite the opposite. And the way Athrun was portrayed as the more reasonable and down to earth character, clearly suggests that what he was saying could be taken as exposition.
But you are wrong. Rewatch the episode. A fullscale attack on Orb was off the table, which he made very very clear before it was even brought up by Dearka.

Quote:
And we've already been through this too. If you don't have anything else to add and you're just talking about your own opinion then fine but don't expect me to believe there's much credibility behind it.
And once again, check your facts and stop acting like you know the show inside and out, because you've obviously forgotten certain things or are just flat out ignoring them to try and strenghten your own arguments. its getting ridiculous ty repeat the same thing, with things to weight it up and have you reply with a " Na-ah! "
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote