View Single Post
Old 2007-01-28, 04:23   Link #87
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

No surprise about Fukuyama Jun and Sugita, but considering 2006, it is surprising to see Hoshi up there as no.2 especially when 2006 hasn't exactly been a kind year for him in the field of his best vocals. His work in Digimon Savers as the hot-blooded Masaru Daimon is good, but still a far cry from his own Kazuma of s-CRY-ed. His work as Carris was mediocre at best, and while his other works like Alviss/MAR and Keichii/Higurashi was decent, it wasn't exactly his best vocals either. I mean, compared to his slightly feminish, slightly angsty, slightly melancholic, slightly soothing work as Eisen/Harukanaru and Kazuki/GB Drama CD, it just doesn't compare.

Well, considering he works his best when he's voicing a character that is not too young, not too old, not too man, not too girl, not too angsty, not too cool, it isn't really surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
02 (02) 保志総一朗 [1181](Souchiro Hoshi) [GRRRRR!]
03 (04) 杉田智和 [880] (Sugita Tomokazu) [Chalk this one up to popularity and being in that show]
04 (06) 石田 彰 [826] (Akira Ishida) [I know this name but can't place it too any shows]
Hoshi was surprising, but Akira was okay. 2006 didn't have too many major roles for him, but for most he did, his range of characterization was pretty good from the angsty Athrun monologues in GSD Special to the emotionless android-ish Yasuaki to the arrogant Edo Phoenix to the bratty Nagi. No Aya Hirano's 6 anime major anime roles at a time stint, but good enough. Sugita's work was good for the characters he played for whatever it's worth.

Quote:
06 (03) 岸尾大輔 [576] (Kishio Daisuke) [Who?]
07 (08) 吉野浩行 [543] (Yoshino Hiroyuki) [Swear I know this name]
Hiroyuki played the voice of Hibiki in Vandread. He excels at the young kid whiny~ish voice<=>relatively cool, yet not too cool voice range. His most recent work is the Kekkaishi, light shounen manga adaption by Sunrise. Kishio is the voice of Yunoki Azuma in La Corda and...urgh....Imadori of SR. He's quite versatile on a non-loud range of voices.

Quote:
09 (-) 藤原啓治 [380] (Fujiwara Keiji) [Who?]
11 (14) 森田成一 (Morita Masakazu) [Who?]
12 (09) 諏訪部順一 (Junichi Suwabe) [Who?]
13 (11) 谷山紀章 (Taniyama Kisho) [Who are these people?!]
14 (13) 小西克幸 (Katsuyuki Konishi) [I give up]
FUJIWARA PLAYED HIROSHI FREAKING NOHARA IN SHIN CHAN. That tells you how experienced is he enough. Junichi Suwabe is a recently popular and rising seiyuu who generally plays the cool suave voiced characters. Sting/GSD and Archer/FSN were done by him. Morita played his buddy Auel and Bleach's Ichigo and is also a more recently popular seiyuu. Konishi IS VOLFOGG/Guyver III/Haji and some other roles. I'm not too familiar wth Kisho though.

Personally, Takehito Koyasu deserves the top spot simply for his stellar performance as Kuroyanagi especially in the Yakitate 9 arc. He used like ALL his voice range performance in that single anime alone. Anyone else as Kuroyan would've just ruined the whole anime. Class.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-01-28 at 05:13. Reason: Replied to some Kaioshin's WHO + comments
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote