View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 21:56   Link #1072
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P Iunno, feel free to clarify then. Moral outrage was just my guess for the most probable motivation for a negative response.

The thing is, planned patricide is precisely what Lelouch is planning to do as well, and really these kinds of characters are scattered all over literature without garnering automatic disapproval. All it takes for anybody to sympathise to some degree with Suzaku and his patricide is a healthy distrust of nationalism, at the very least. The sanctity of family, life, or children are pretty much biological constructs, really, and it isn't too hard for circumstances to break them.
well, that "yuk" have the followings:
1. I imagnined bashings Suzaku dislikers would dish out if it is proven he planned it all along
2. Reminded me of a case of parenticde I read on newspapers which I'd rather forget
3. suddenly remembered many things I need to do before 11AM tomorrow

If you want my personal opinion on the matter, I'm at a stage where I try to refrain myself from judging others. It's another person's life, and if you reflect back on yourself, you'd notice times when you lost control and made mistake also. As the saying goes, "A true gentlemen can forgive all mistakes but the ones made by himself." Although I don't give a dang about gentlemen, I do believe in the rest. Unless I can't think of another way, I'd like to keep opinions on these matters open / undiscussed, and just look after my own.

While I can understand a bit as to why Suzaku killed his father, I'm no Suzaku. Although I lost them now, I had a very close and caring family. My relation with my dad is completely different and inevitably, I am biased towards Suzaku's action. The point here is, my feelings towards Suzaku's case will inevitably be based somewhat on my experiences and my feelings (to what extent can vary), no matter how well or reasonable the case is presented or how hard I try to be objective. This feeling is not something you can easily win over/turn aside with arguments and facts. The same thing goes for other people too. If you are truely empathetic and can understand that, then perphaps you can communicate with others without ending up having one feeling going up against another ( I see a lot of argument on this board ended up like this), but come to understand each other's position better instead, and perhaps learn more about the aspects of the issue you are discussing - ultimately, end up with a better judgment on the issue.
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote