View Single Post
Old 2008-03-09, 11:57   Link #83
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

I'm surprised by the only interpretation of Noe's curse speech to pop up so far, because, while it makes sense plot-wise, it doesn't character and setting-wise:

Aiko: I loved Shin.
Noe: There is no way curses exist. If they did, I would have made Shin love me.

This sounds something like: "I'm not armed. If I was, I would be trying to kill you." Not the pinnacle of smooth-talking.

And that would be very, very surprising coming from Noe, who saw that the "imagination of Shin's true heart" designated his "place of flight", an effect of her constantly seeking to "understand his feelings".

Noe aiming to slight Shin's free will in any conceivable way is something I cannot see.

The first thing it made me think of was Noe's quote from the beginning of the show: "A curse always hits two." Her first "curse" brought misery upon herself and Shin. If the second one were to work the same...

Noe: If they existed, I would not be in love with him right now.

Or, in other words, "I would not be suffering so".This is what the hurting but (evident in every scene) acceptant Noe would like to convey.

Food for thought, I suppose. Noe scenes tend to be complex - recall last week's "pain for pain".