View Single Post
Old 2008-03-09, 16:09   Link #95
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So another week, another day, another True Tears episode!

Every time I watch an episode, I'm always worried that the series won't be able to keep up with itself in quality. It just never drops in viewing pleasure and is always a nice experience to me. I've never understood why I liked this series so much in the first place, it hasn't provided any extreme and excessive drama, big plot movements, nor has it had a lot of moe to seduce me into the show. But after watching this episode, I've finally put my finger on it.

What makes the show great, to me, is the big sense of realism I get from it. Even though stuff happens, I get a great sense of continuity as the show progresses like real life. In other words, life just moves on regardless of your personal problems. Not just that, but the emotions seem so understandable and real. Since this episode I think is a greatest representation of this, I'll use it as a model.

Because of events leading up to episode 10 we have the suspended Hiromi, and the suspended Jun. Shinchiro found out that he and Hiromi were not siblings. We got the rejected Aiko, and the feeling alone Noe.

In many other shows like the disastrous Myself:Yourself, when a lot of drama happens time just seems to stop. It's like the world is centered on them alone and nothing outside really matters.

But unlike those shows True Tears doesn't do this.

Shinchiro goes to school like everyday, goes to his dance practice, goes back home like every other day. It really gives a sense of living life. We as humans are still going through our daily routines everyday regardless of what happens to us emotionally.

Life isn't all its cracked up to be like in regular dramas. I really detest shows were all the characters yell out something like lets go to the creek, and everyone acts like four year olds saying how much fun that is and they all go like it's some huge party.

The slow and quiet nature of the show is what really propels this realism. The way they showed Aiko emotionally in this episode was great. We all know how hurt she is, and we get to see Nobuse finally psychologically come to a conclusion regarding the situation. Aiko still lives on regardless, tries to keep a smile upfront although she's sad. She's just not stopping how she lives for her broken heart.

I don't feel I described the show's picture of living real life very well, but it is defintely what makes this a great watch to me. Other people have described the realism of the emotions in this show, so I won't go into that.

Anyhow specific things that I liked very much in this episode.

The way they are handling Noe is also great. That scene where she runs after Shinchiro and then stops, just said so much about how she is feeling without even saying any words. It really reflected the distance she's experiencing emotionally to Shinchiro.

Nobuse... This guy is really getting my respect more and more as TT goes on, it's really too bad Aiko didn't like him originally.

I'm happy that Shinchiro is not so ignorant of all the things around him, but hopefully he'll learn to make everything right by the end like he kind of said in the end of the episode.

The ending scene, while me not being a particular fan of Hiromi x Shinchiro, was still pretty beautiful.

There are a couple questions though that arose in my head during this episode.

Why did Shinchiro see Noe this episode and take her to his dance practice? Did he feel it was his obligation as a boy friend to take her out, or was it Nobuse's comment about Noe that she is a "good person." Is this "good boy" Shinchiro at work?

When Noe said "just one more time oba-chan" did she finally resign herself from the relationship in her own head?

Anyhow, this episode gets a 9/10 from me, I hope this series can end well!

P.S. Sorry to ask and annoy people but, is True Tears 12 or 13 episodes? I keep hearing different things...
Even though I differ with some things, it pretty much nailed how I also see this.

And it's 13 ep.