Thread: Licensed Highschool of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-13, 09:28   Link #4306
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
I was feeling bad for Shido with his whole flashbacks until the reason behind Rei's hatred to him was revealed. Though why the hell did he even do it in the first place when he hated his father so much?
They cut out a fairly large portion of Shido's backstory. They cut out why his mother committed suicide and his reasoning for listening to his father.

His mother committed suicide because his father was having an affair with another woman in Tokyo. He continued to do his work as a teacher, at the school his father chose (and was the director of), so he could still be of use to him. Shido finds out that he won't be the one to succeed his father, but his younger brother. Shido's dad had a kid with the woman in Tokyo. Which sent him down the path he currently is on. His goal was to bring down his father, so he worked for him and at the same time was looking to dig up as much dirt as possible on his father. Rei's dad happened to be an obstacle because her father was opposed to whatever Shido's dad was involved with and was investigating the people supporting him.

Sure, Shido wasn't a bad guy at first and explains why he did what he did to Rei, but I don't think his backstory explains why he's so twisted...you feel sorry for him, then we remember his little monologue before kicking a student's face in, and then leaving another student out of the bus to be killed by zombies because he didn't agree with Shido. That was something else they cut out, why the student was left outside. He disagreed with what Shido was talking about, he just wanted to go see his family. I believe one of the girls said something like "why would you want to be with your family again, they wouldn't let you do things like this!" and they show the guy groping on her and whatnot.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-09-13 at 09:39.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote