View Single Post
Old 2012-05-17, 20:36   Link #646
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
J-list, Playasia, all the mainstream Eng sites are stupidly overpriced from my experience. It's the price of convinience I guess.

Are you really that adverse to using proxy shipping sites? I usually do, allowing me to buy straight from sites like Tora no Ana at the base cost. You have to pay shipping twice to be sure, but the domestic price for doujins are generally so low it doesn't matter.

Failing that.. there's always Mandarake. Eng link (I recommend using the JP site tho, if only because the Eng search is terrible.)
Proxy sites need to make their own money too so I do not believe in your statement where you buy at base cost and pay 2x shipping. proxy sites take their own cut too .. :/

I will probably end up using proxy sites it seems, if there really are no doujinshi shops out there that ship internationally.

As for Mandarake, I have bought from them before and they are okay. But the JP site has much wider selection of doujin and you need a proxy site for those .. or do you? I'm pretty sure you can't add stuff to cart from JP site, then go to ENG site to actually buy them ..

In fact now that I search after a while, I can find many of the doujinshis that I collect from a certain circle at the JP mandarake site .. But they are already expensive as it is (some are over 2000yen), so usng a proxy site on top of that for a single book would be :x