View Single Post
Old 2018-03-06, 21:47   Link #2471
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That's good. Thanks.

Anyway, by relevant I didn't mean "she does one or two important things", but relevant as in "she is fleshed out the way a main heroine should, gets plenty of focus said focus involve her doing things that are interesting and her actions are constantly affecting the plot".

Mind you, the impressions I get are not necessarily from the best sources, but I've read Emilia is pretty much a damsel in distress. For example, I read that in the volume after she completed her trial (which Subaru apparently couldn't), she got kidnapped and had to be rescued.
Let me guess. You probably got that from /a/? Please don't take anything from there beyond a grain of salt, it's probably best not go there at all. That place is known notoriously distorting facts due to bias (unlike other places the Rem fanboys there are just unbearable) and Re:Zero threads are especially bad. It was the last straw made me leave that place 2 years ago since the discourse was so bad. Not somewhere for fair minded person to be.

But yes Emilia definitely gets her dues and quite fleshed out by the end of the arc after overcoming some of her inner demons. This kind of common thing with Tappei's major characters and he wouldn't single out anyone in this area his favorite character least of all. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has actually read the story. Her past is particularity important in series for a lot of reasons. Yes, she does get into trouble but so does 90% of cast including Subaru himself. Nobody in the story is infallible except Reinhard.

And since you didn't get any context for why that happened I'll give a light spoiler:

Spoiler for Arc 5:

Other strong characters get in similar predicaments, so this also pure hypocrisy.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-06 at 21:59. Reason: forgot tags
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote