Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 3
View Single Post
Old 2018-08-04, 22:58   Link #545
Chosen_Hero

Man, the Deku dick riding on this episode was pretty annoying... Well, more than usual. Seriously, at this point it is as if these characters can't do a thing without going "What would Deku do?", it just feels way too forced for my taste.

The IQ girl was another annoying and boring part of the episode, was quite literally trying not to fall asleep during that whole part. That was a pretty dumb plan that could have been interrupted a hundred ways to sunday out of the sheer fact that this is basically a battle royale and don't get me started on Momo and her group, is it that difficult to make everyone their own coat to stave off the cold? Why just one shitty blanket? How about a drill or jackhammer to escape through the lower floors or you know, a wall?

And then there is Aizawas little speech at the end, of which parts ring hollow when Bakugo was clearly not even once given the same treatment as Deku throughout the entire episode. All of a sudden I am supposed to believe that Bakugo is some sort of charismatic character? I understand Deku but that is mostly because the show is structured to make you see him that way but Bakugo has not once shown that kind of quality in between his little hissy fits of rage.

This episode is a great example of what mean when I say that this anime is trying it's hardest to manipulate your thoughts and feelings. The thing is that I don't exactly hate some of these things, but man, at the very least try and make it more believable and try to give your characters more individuality.

I didn't even mean to rant, but man did this episode really annoy me.