View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 09:20   Link #46
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
What is hogwash is the idea of one round going in one Sherman and coming out of it to blow a hole in another Sherman. But the 2nd sherman disabled due to secondary effects, I can buy. Do you have a link to that documentary?
I said knocked out, I did not say double penetration (fuck, that sounds dirty).

Quote:
You do realise that the above statement sounds rather strange when you look up and notice that Mgz was mentioning a CoH mission and then you chimed in "Michael Wittmann" as a response to Mgz.
Because that mission was clearly inspired by the exploits of Michael Wittmann, who in fact, did disabled some 30 vehicles & other military hardware in a span of 15 minutes in Villers-Bocage.

Quote:
I take it you're not a native english speaker, or that you didn't see the quotation marks around "inferior."
And I take it you did not sense my disagreement? Or you didn't see what I thought about the Firefly and its purpose?

Quote:
First off, when did this happen? If I know which segment of which episode this took place I can rewatch it and then retime... Aw hell. I'm starting to sound like arkh.
Episode 2.

Quote:
Secondly, as regards a naval gun, I refer you to the Bofors L70 40mm gun which is both used as a naval gun and on the CV90 AFV. It can do 4-round burst. (Slight OT, but just wanted to point out 4-round burst).
Why are you talking to me about naval guns? I think I stated pretty clear in my last post that I don't give a shit about them.

Quote:
Also, Tak, be advised: the navy doesn't call them cannon - it's gun. It could be 16 inches and it's still called a gun.
I don't care what they are called, they weren't the focus of the discussion anyway. It was Tk3997 who brought them up out of nowhere and called them cannons. If you have a problem with his use of incorrect nomenclature, please complain to him. As for me, I never wanted to talk about this naval gun/cannon comparison bullshit in the first place. We were talking about tank weapons, not naval ones.

Quote:
As for the rifles, I'm actually surprised they have semiauto battle rifles. I was expecting them to still start out with bolt-action. The Lee-Enfield and Kar98k were good bolt action rifles of the time...
While Valkyria is clearly inspired by the era that is World War II, it did not use the era as a blue print, and that we are playing a game where supernatural powers and magical fuel sources are acceptable.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-26 at 09:50.