View Single Post
Old 2011-01-16, 17:34   Link #1096
Mentar
Banned

Well, call me pessimistic, but all my instincts tell me that Madoka is about to be dragged into a sucker deal without return ticket, and that Homura is the only person that actually means well with Madoka and Sayaka. Kyubey is actually the Master of Ceremonies of a nasty pyramid scheme, and Mami is merely one of the players entangled in this mess, just that she doesn’t warn Madoka/Sayaka to stay away – probably she has something to gain by doing so. Homura knows what’s up, since she was bitten by it, but she’s not going to be successful: Her warning won't be heeded.

By now I’m 90% sure that those “witches with grief seeds” are actually fallen Magical Girls. I’m 66% sure that Mami knows or at least suspects that, yet she stays quiet. “You’ve got to risk your life when you’re Magical Girls” says nothing else then “Be prepared to die”. Oh, and I’m 100% sure that you can’t just quit being a Magical Girl when you realized you’ve been played for a sucker.

So – what we have is a very compelling story, but I can hear alarm klaxons all over the place. Remember the wonderful family life of Madoka in ep1? Prepare for some major ruins. Should Mom be promoted to lead the company, it’s going to become very ugly. Mark my words.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote