View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 20:47   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

Shiki Fuujin could fall under the same class as Edo tensei, both are summoning something, but are not actual Kuchiyose no Jutsu.
I'm aware of this. I wasn't trying to pass off Shiki Fuujin as the same thing as Kuchiyose. It's fujin so it's a sealing jutsu. But it's a sealing jutsu that involves a summoning of a being, just like the AL calling that statue for the bijuu sealing is probably a summon of sorts (and that's an ironic example since I was trying to show that the jutsu is not proof Yondaime and AL being the same person ). And summons are usually made through a pact, rather than developed by trial and error like normal jutsu, though the terms may be different from that of an animal summon, the soul in place of blood for the case of the Death God. Like reloaded said, it's not that clear.

Quote:
BTW, Kuchiyose itself is not a hard jutsu to learn (jiraiya was expecting Naruto to do it at the first try and is is rank as C), is just that Naruto sucked, and continued to suck at it until the end of the first part of the series. Summoning Gambunta doesn’t required practice, just a truck load of Chakra.
It's not stated, but I think calling a summon like Gamabunta requires greater concentration as well as a large amount of chakra and calling forth the Death God may take greater effort still. I'm reluctant to say either jutsu is that easy. However, Yondaime and Sandaime were high-level users of all justu, not just summons, so it's no wonder that their skills allowed them to use Shiki Fuujin successfully, despite only ever having one chance to actually perform it.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote