View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 23:28   Link #105
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Complaining about Angel Beats visuals is like complaining about Guilty Crown or Fate/Zero visuals. That is, where the expectation threshold is so high people start nick-picking left and right at very minor details. I mean, hell I could do that too for one of the most visually spectacular shows of last year in Hyouka - go back to the very first episode just before the opening credits start where Oreki walks into the clubroom where Chitanda is staring past the window, you'll see some QUALITY out-of-place CGI there.

Or in Guilty Crown's case, people were too busy criticizing its writing (I very much disliked the writing too) that they decided to ignore or even go to criticize other aspects like the visuals or OST. The fact that hardly anyone mentioned the OST of that show and something as mundane and cookie-cutter as Fate Zero's OST won the Soundtrack Award for the Animesuki Awards is still a baffle to me, but whatever.

It appears that we are just all "spoilt" by this digital HD era. I know this because I'm guilty of it too, particularly when it comes to Production IG and PA Works shows, both studios which I have historically been fond of.

Also as a side-note, I've been noticing this trend where if a show is considered "good", then some people tend to praise everything about that show. Similarly, if a show is considered "bad", then people either tend to criticise everything about that show - Guilty Crown being a clear example, where its visuals and OST were completely ignored due to its poor writing and storytelling. Though I can't blame people for doing so since not everyone has a "critics mindset" (neither do I personally really), it can get disappointing at times when people just follow the bandwagon instead of making up their own mind.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-03-21 at 23:41.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote