View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 07:17   Link #275
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvis99 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say that all members of Sybil are maniacs, since it appears that Akane also has a psycho-pass that never increases. I think the qualifications are more based on people that make decisions based solely on logic without all of the frilly emotions and stuff. If you noticed in episode 18, the Chief said absolutely nothing when Akane used her dominator in stun mode. Based on this, I'm assuming that she's being lined up as a Sybil system inductee too.
That'd be an interesting theory, except it's completely wrong. Touma says the first requirement is a mind that thinks of itself as an outsider and doesn't "Mindlessly empathize with people".

...this is NOT Akane in any sense of the word. She has an incredible amount of empathy for other people, and doesn't view herself as an outsider.

Quote:
"The first qualification to be a constituent member of the Sibyl System is to have an irregular personality that doesn't fit in with mankind's conventional standards. Without aimlessly empathizing with others, without being lost to emotion, you should be able to oversee human actions from an outsider's viewpoint. Such talent is desired.

For example, like the way you and I are.

I'm a unique person to, whose Crime Coefficient can't be determined from his Psycho-Pass. Because of that, I've experienced a great deal of loneliness. A personality that cannot be measured even by Sibyl's collective intellect is called criminally asymptomatic. Those with this personality are distinguished from all citizens and have a new ideology and sense of values. By finding such valuable people and taking them in, the system has continued to expand its range of thinking and gained new possibilities as an intellectual form."

Akane simply doesn't match up for the kind of person inducted into the Sybil system based on how Touma has described it. And outside of conjecture, there's little indication the Sybil system is inducting people who are wildly different in mentality or behavior or past actions from Touma and Makishima.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-23 at 07:36.