View Single Post
Old 2012-02-27, 17:03   Link #2141
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
*sigh* Am I the only one here who actually likes both Amata and Mikono, thought that scene was cute and didn't suspect any ulterior motives on anyone's part? (I'm tired of badass macho man heroes and badass amazon heroines - cute, sweet girls banzai!) Oh well.
I think there's a difference here, and you're not being fair to it because I like both characters, and I like them when they interact, but some of that one incident was just plain dumb. Read on.
I like scenes like: End of Episode 5 where Mikono and Amata shared a moment together and came close to falling in love.
I like scenes like: End of Episode 7 where Mikono and Amata share and apology and show growth of maturity.
I like scenes like: End of Episode 9 where Mikono and Amata talk and share a moment.

I do not like scenes like: End of Episode 9 where Mikono and Amata need to fall atop of one another as if we (the audience) had forgotten that the two liked each other somewhere along the way, just so that they can be given an *intimate moment*.

If they want to make a scene where the two are very close to kissing, do it like they did in Episode 5. Having them fall atop of one another because Mikono boosted off the stair for no apparent reason is a shallow way to develop that I'd expect from a harem show and not a show that has shown it me it can make proper *moments*. (They did it properly with Andy and Mix several times in the episode, neither of them needed to trip and fall on top of the other. Hence I liked all the development between them but I found the last scene stupid.)

Have I made my point clearer? It has nothing to do with who's involved, its how it was done in light of how it could have and has been done before.