View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 02:30   Link #58
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
"Sasuke: but Itachi, you were perfect!" Seriously, after all he put him through? I know he loves his brother but this isn't something a genius says...particularly not one who had their childhood raped by said person.
Sasuke is saying that Itachi was "perfect" in terms of ability.

He didn't need to latch on to anyone else for an identity or make their abilities his.

He was the pinnacle of Uchiha greatness that everyone admired.

Sasuke has pretty much forgiven Itachi.

Remember Sasuke believed Itachi to be a traitor who used his talent to pursue selfish ambition rather than help uplift the Uchiha name. Later he finds out that he was ordered to massacre the Uchiha clan. Sasuke personally was kept alive in order to further the Uchiha legacy and avenge the them all the while believing his was killing his traitor brother. He did all of this to prevent Civil War which would have inevitably destroyed Konoha and the Uchiha clan anyway.

It's really twisted how he thinks but I understand it.

He sees what Itachi did now as a noble sacrifice and he has channeled his anger towards the people who ordered the massacre and the people who benefited from it (The Konoha elders and villagers).

I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.