View Single Post
Old 2006-01-09, 21:32   Link #116
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
It seemed like a harem series at first, in the sense that there were a lot of girls and one guy; however, like Lamune, it's pretty obvious early on that it's not actually a harem series at all. For me, to be a harem series it has to be pretty well established (as in, more than mentioned once in passing) that at least three heroines share a romantic interest in the male lead, and he has to reciprocate, at some level, those feelings. So, for me, Love Hina counts (Naru, Mutsumi, Shinobu and Motoko), Ai Yori Aoshi does not (Aoi and possibly Tina). Canvas 2 definitely does not. Canvas 2 is just a plain, old fashioned love triangle (which is used in most romances, not just anime/manga).

I agree that people tend to overuse the "harem" title.

BTW, love your new sig, Mangatron.
I like the way you think, and thats the same thing I've always thought. If there is at least 3 girls who like the guy, and the guy somewhat shows the same affection, therefore that is what really describes harem. Because, if there is 2 girls who love 1 guy, that is called a love triangle, and of course if there's one girl after 1 guy, that's called a relationship

Thanks, my sig melts my brain everytime, every post I make

Furudanuki, I'll get back to you later on the Hagino issue, right now I'm in portable mode (laptop) and my desktop has all the info I need to compile up with the big three merchandise (game, manga and anime). Although I could use my manga knowledge without my desktop, I prefer my 3 way attack
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote