View Single Post
Old 2006-09-07, 20:49   Link #83
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

1. what are R1??? =no....
2. yes, i've never dl-ed from irc
3. i'm not affected by licensing bec i'm outside its laws. (read: not american/westerner)
4. When a show is prelicensed, I do not download fansubs of it. ---> no idea when licensing takes place. i usually anime on watch on tv then watch again online (or dl the one w/ subs so i'll undestand better)
5. I prefer to wait for the best quality fansub group to release than to just take the first available. ---> i dunno the best quality fansub group ._.
6. I archive fansubs to CD/DVD, ---> yes, i definitely archive them!
7. If a series is licensed, I'll delete/destroy any copies of fansubs I have of it. ---> like i said, i'm outside the licensing laws...
8. I often download hollywood movie dvd rips. ---> nope
9. When media factory requested the removal of all its shows from animesuki, I was angry at the japanese company. --> hontou?!? when did this happen?
10. I will download the first release of a show, no matter which group it is. --> gomen, i don't have a sense of time, so i have no idea with first second release and those kind of stuff...
11. I will make sure that if more than one group completes a series, that I have all of a single groups' releases. -> no
12. Fansubbing licensed anime is wrong and should not happen, no matter what. ---> no
13. DVD ripping is wrong and should not be done. ---> no
14. The most important part of anime fansubbing is the community of fans. ---> ?!?
15. The most important part of anime fansubbing is the anime itself. ---> yes yes yes
16. The explosion of popularity of anime in the past few years is bad for the community. ---> why?
17. Anime shows are not as good as they used to be. ---> yesteryears are always overrated!
18. I would prefer a show be licensed by 4kids than remain unlicensed. ---> sorry i dunno 4kids
19. Big fansub groups with lots and lots of projects are better than small, one show groups. ---> ?!? groups, big or small are always good 'cause they're making a lot of effort to share the joys of anime entertainment
20. Ungreatful leechers are not a big problem with fansubbing today. no... idea
21. If Naruto had not been fansubbed, it would have done much more poorly on Cartoon Network. ---> i don't have cartoon network. i watch it on channel 12 every wednesday evenings, then wait for the sub online bec i only understand 50-80% japanese...
22. Anime licensing companies charge too much for DVDs. ---> maybe

ha! L-R -1
P-C -1
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote