View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 21:46   Link #15
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Once again, with each passing episode, I like Mr Grumpy less and less. His attitude towards Chitanda is pretty contemptible, just like some of the people in this forum. His high and mighty "you're just plain stupid so it's okay if I lie to you" attitude towards her, in particular, as well as the other members of the Classics Club is downright irritating. There was nothing in the "talk" he wanted only Satoshi to hear that was anything the other two members of the club shouldn't have heard. He really is full of himself.

It was pretty funny to see Mr Grumpy get caught out on his ignorance by both Satoshi and Chitanda. It's also interesting to note, with this same incident, that he still hasn't learned one of the basic rules of proper investigating, that everything is potentially important, no matter how trivial it may seem.

I guess Mr Grumpy's sister is so hideously ugly that the animators won't show her face for fear that viewers might die of fright if they see it.

I've gotta hand it to Mayaka. She's my favorite character in the anime. How she held her cool during that "accidental" incident at the Manga Society was very admirable.

No, you're probably not, but I'm not one of them. I'd much rather see Chitanda doing anything than having Mr Grumpy on screen being his pompous git self.

You're forgetting he messed up the last mystery so maybe he doesn't want to commit to this one and fail again in front of the girl he's trying to impress, taking another blow to his fragile ego, especially if his sister might be pulling the strings behind the scenes again.