View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 15:33   Link #12727
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

So I finally got around to reading Chapter 6 of Railgun SS2, and this was mentioned before in Railgun SS1, but doesn't Kamachi have some really odd ideas about foreign countries and guns?

I mean, seriously,

Quote:
“Ugehgeh!! Why did we fall down into an area full of guns!?”

Mikoto’s eyes widened.

It seemed to be a place packed full of all the gun shops registered with the shopping mall, but they were selling ice cream like normal right next to it all. It was being treated just like the bookstore corner. The feelings toward guns were completely different than in Japan.

“I thought the shopping mall was supposed to be divided between necessary daily items and the entertainment or luxury items!”

“What are you talking about? A rifle is necessary for daily life.

“…Seriously?”

“In this country, things don’t get to the level of entertainment or a hobby until you get up to a rocket launcher or a Gatling gun.”
And this

Quote:
Dozens of pairs of hands grabbed at brand new rifles like people fighting over items during a good sale. Ammunition was spilled all over the floor. Some people ran around while shoving multiple guns into shopping carts, some people stuck handguns into their belts, and some people grabbed up a bunch of rifles and then were punched from the side by someone else who took all the rifles from them. No mercy was shown to anyone regardless of age or gender. Guns were flying all over the place like when each customer was limited to one package of eggs so people had their kids line up to buy some, too.

Mikoto’s face paled at that scene that was outside of common Japanese knowledge.
Really, what does he think guns are?!!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.