View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 17:15   Link #268
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Again, somehow not being able to afford gas means they can buy a new house or move in to expense city apartments?

If this happens then city slums will come back and they can go there for cheap price rent to live close to work. I do not want those slums to come back though.

I live in a very big city, and in my opinion it costs less to live in the main city than to live way out for slightly cheaper, but a whole lot more stress and gas and time to drive to work everyday. In my city all houses are expensive anyway, if you want to actually own the house. And if you really don't care where you live then there are plenty of dirt cheap, dirty apartments in the ghettos for you to live in in the main city. Way cheaper than living in the suburbs and you can live closer to work too. Just be careful once the thugs wake up.

We have public transportation in the main city, but it is not a lot of good. Nothing like the great subways in New York City. So anyone who's old enough and not mentally incapable has a car.