View Single Post
Old 2003-12-25, 08:29   Link #1
gho
anime fan

Send a message via AIM to gho Send a message via Yahoo to gho
Intelligent Themed ANIME and GREAT STORIES!!!!!!

Hi,

I have been having dificulty finding good anime. I loved Cowboy Bebop (best ever), really enjoyed Lain, GITS and SAC creamed, Shigetsutan Tsukihime, URDA is really cool, Noir is not that great (weak plot and script), but all that I've see after this really sucks.

It is not because I completely disregard childish anime. I love LOVE HINA (specially the manga). But I have seen a LOT OF CRAP recently and I am getting a little lost. Last Exile sucks completely for instance... the production is superb, just like in Read or Die, but what the fuck happened to the history? It all comes to this childish stereotype that I really despise and that crude stupid brother and sister and, oh yes, (done in a girlish voice) "oh we can make it if we try hard" and "sigh"....

I am sick and tired of just watching first episodes and moving on...

Please don't recommend anything like Naruto or anything that would follow that same mental age pattern. I am really moved when I have to waste every single brain cell in my head just to follow the plot or when the script really Innovates ( I LOVE FLCL FOR THAT FLCL RULES TOO!!!).

Grave of Fire Flyes is really another good example.

The good thing about anime is that it is a cheap format that looks really good and, therefore, we can make the most fantastic scripts that would never have the necessary audience to pay for the live movie conversion come to reality or become animated. I want to see more animes that really make justice to that last phrase.

Last edited by gho; 2003-12-29 at 07:34.