Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 02:29   Link #2030
fignae
floofer. floof.

Well, a series comparison between Stopani and Simoun is fun and interesting, and I like seeing it, but it shouldn't be taken on more than a casual basis, as there are just too many factors involved. Availability of fansubs, type of fans, nature of the series, how much there is to say about it, scope of appeal.... Actually what's striking for me is not the difference but the similarity between the two sets of statistics. To get a better picture, we should not only compare these two (niche?) series with each other but with another, fansubbed, series.

I, like many others in this thread, watch SP for light entertainment, and am dreadfully behind though I'll finish it sometime... I visited that thread once, but felt that my words would have been out of place. *did not even visit AS before Simoun*

edit: Yes, I disagreed with Simon too, when he said that. Oh, doesn't matter. Here's presenting the slightly off tracker stats. A BIG thank you to yononaka!

On a different topic, I've seen that Code Geass special. Looks like a Gundam ripoff. Where Seed is concerned, I practically saw Lacus and Cagalli, Kira and Athrun. I'd rather look for Yukana in Mai-Otome Zwei, heh.

And I keep meaning to say this but forgot: in the Payopayo radio show Kaoru Chujo referred to above, Morinaga Rika and Takahashi Mikako spoke of Mamiina and Rodore for a few seconds. One of them said it's one-sided, then that it's not. Very cute. The other priceless moment, for me, was her Rodoreamon voice. *sniffs*

Last edited by fignae; 2006-10-01 at 06:53.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote