View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 10:07   Link #15
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Don't quote me on it, but I believe do-it-yourself theme songs are cheaper than licensing out Jpop songs. Plus, Hanazawa Kana is no Mizuki Nana in regard to status, so everything about the endings for this show screams budget to me... but at least the first one had much more character-centric visuals. This one wasn't nearly as angsty as I expected once I heard the full song, but I somehow had the idea that the visuals wouldn't be so Maria-centric. Well, the landscape shots are beautiful?
Ah, I just meant that when they license a song, they get a finished product. All the anime production staff do on their own is the ending animation (plus cutting the song to the necessary length). But here they put effort into creating their own song, writing their own lyrics, using one of the seiyuu to sing in-character. They had all the creative control over it. And we ended up with.... this. ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
So basically, Saki and Maria's relationship is being pushed really hard, which seems to be exclusive to the anime.
Well, there's also the manga... But the manga is a different story with different characters so it doesn't count.

Quote:
ED banter aside, Kiroumaru is ridiculously awesome. But ugh, I really hope I get to see Kiroumaru punch Yakomaru in the face. Seriously.
Kiroumaru is awesome, isn't he? He's pretty much the coolest character in the show. Sq-- Yakomaru, though, I think he's also awesome at being a slimy snake. xD He and Kiroumaru are such perfect foils for each other, I'd watch a show just about the two of them.

Quote:
Sidenote, Taneda Risa's first line as a 26 year old (「はい!すぐ行きます!」) seriously sounded like Sawashiro Miyuki for a brief second. I really hope she gets more work from now on. Her acting throughout the show has been stellar.
She's so awesome, at this point I think it's a pity they didn't use her for 36 yr-old Saki... Though I guess she's just too young to voice a 36 year old woman convincingly.

By the way, Hino Koufuu sounded familiar so I looked at the cast list, and wow, it's Taniyama Kishou. If I listen to him now, yes, I can identify him, but I didn't expect him in this role.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-26 at 21:10. Reason: removed hint at future content