View Single Post
Old 2007-05-11, 04:11   Link #85
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I have to wonder: how necessary are the references to other fictional universes? I'm wondering if it'll make immersion harder: every time I read about Keroko's Neltharion aspect, for example, I have to remind myself that this is Nanoha, not Warcraft.

But then we have all these automobile references in the canon, and I can only rely on my general lack of automotive knowledge in order to watch the show and not think "car". So I wonder.
They don't need to be necessary, the apect magic was simply an item spawned from my overactive imagination, which was thought of way before I discovered Nanoha was filled with references. I thought it was a cool item to spread my characters wings, make her more unique and give her a drama story, and went for it.

Creating characters is somehwat of a hobby for me. Usually characters I create for my own enjoyment rarely leave my head at all, in fact, Keroko is the first one who will do so... this weekend probably (the currently posted Keroko is a more 'comercial' one, as she hardly affects the plot at all).

-For Kria, the strangest aspect of your character is, to me, the fact that Gigantus seems to work in the direct oposite of any other ID. Now, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the manga (correct me if I'm wrong) but normally Intelligent Devices 'drain' the magical energies emanating from their users. I'm not quite sure of the 'why' myself either -my personal theory is that they use it as their powersource- but to see an intelligent device actually give energy comes of as, well, odd. There's nothing wrong with it, mind you, but a bit more indept explanation as to how it works differently would be cool.

-I love the incantation. I'm going to include Keroko's as well when I finish her.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-05-11 at 04:28.