View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 05:56   Link #660
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Same as @Chaos, just a thought or proposal?: sure I mean if Chinese translators can join to the effort, due (under my POV) Japanese Translators are few, really few, and off course this world have ungratefull people, shame on them, cuz i am one of the people which understand how tough is this and all free fan to fan, but believe me: we are a lot more than the few could complain, and if the guys dont feel comfortable, just dont read it and even less: complain about it, I like a lot the reading and just one mention: my born language its spanish, when i go and buy, lets say "harry potter", official translations made the plot weak and hard to understand or you got diffrent ideas reading in english than spanish, funny to say on Otakus jobs this issues are the less, cuz to begin with: we all love this worcks, so the less you want to, its the possible reader or viewer dont understand.
So if you people can help to do, I am sure I am will be one of many with a huge smile thanks to all the people could like to share this job, and for the complainers, just keep quiet (we dont need or even like to hear about it) and search for other source according they like it (if can find it or wait sit).

In a perfect world yeah, but... Well, Teh_Ping pretty much sums it up. It's a dirty and thankless job- If you're lucky most people would actually appreciate your existence.

If you're unlucky, well... *cough SAO cough* ()

Of course this seems to depend on the type of LN and what type of fans it would attract I'll stay away from pure fanservice harems if I were you...

Me? I'm just here to shoot the breeze and mess with teh_ping, I've no investment in Accel World heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
PS: just for quote, in some web pages you can see how many people read the page and just for example: in DxD few ones just complaining and crying for nonsenses sh*t, I mean literally like 5 or 9 persons and the page was view by thousands.
The newer stuff like DxD feels abit 'lawless' to me; the impression I'm getting is alot of newcomers with little to no idea how the translators work and nobody to correct them.

Like what I always say in other LN threads, it's not like there's a Writers' Guild running the show and assigning quests with rewards to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_ping View Post
no, i'm not taking offense. Just that i'm explaining the situation as to why so many projects lack translators, because fan translators mostly feel unrewarded for doing things they're not rewarded to do. Of course, it would have helped if some people actually studied their mother tongue properly...

<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<
<.<

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-06-23 at 06:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote