View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 05:57   Link #74
Zlostur

Reasons to hate Sekai

After creating a similar thread for Makoto, I thought about it and decided there is enough material to create one for Sekai as well. Of course, it is not going to be as long of a list as for Makoto, since unlike him, she has some redeemable qualities, but still some of the things she does are reasons enough for me to really hate her. Please feel free to add to this list as well, and I will try to update it after every episode. once again, I will go on an episode-by-episode basis.

Episode 1:

1) She is very meddlesome about other people's private lives. After all she coerced Makoto into revealing to her that he likes Kotonoha.
2) She initiated the whole thing by getting Makoto and Kotonoha together, even though she was clearly interested in Makoto.
3) She kisses Makoto at the end. What the hell was she thinking(if she was thinking at all)? Doing something like that would definitely confuse ANY guy, especially a dumb clueless one like Makoto.

Episode 4:
4) Offers Makoto to give him "special training". This is the worst idea ever! It should be painfully obvious to her by now that Makoto is only interested in doing perverted things, so she should have known this would lead to disaster. Also, messes with his head even more -- first the kiss, now that. Nobody goes that far for a friend.
5) Was ready to go all the way with Makoto, even though she resisted him at first. This shows that she is too weak and also that she is jealous of Kotonoha for going out with Makoto.

Episode 5:
6) Feels insecure about herself because she does not have "attrubites" like Kotonoha. This contributes to her being weak and unable to resist Makoto.
7) Lets Makoto get away with grabbing her ass, even though they are in public. It's obvious she likes that kind of attention.
8) Accepts Makoto's confession, even though she knows she will betray her friend.
9) Give in to Makoto and sleeps with him. This is basically an extension to 5). If she was more assertive and demanded that Makoto break up with Kotonoha first before going that far, things would not be so bad. Damn her weakness!

Episode 6:
10) Fails to tell Kotonoha about her betrayal, even though she feels guilty about it.
11) Lies to Setsuna about Makoto and Kotonoha breaking up. This indirectly causes more suffering for Kotonoha, since rumors start spreading.

Episode 7:
12) Does not deny the fact that she is going out with Makoto, even when Setsuna says it in public. This brings about further confusion.
13) Again, acts weakly around Makoto, when she hears him accept kotonoha's invitation. She should have confronted him right there and ask him to choose between her and Kotonoha, instead of storming out like that.

And now, as I mentioned, she does have some good qualities as well, which does not make her as bad as Makoto, so here they are:

Redeemable qualities:
1) She is a nice and helpful person ready to help her friends. (unfortunately that makes her betrayal even more painful)
2) She is considerate of other people's feelings, especially Kotonoha and tries very hard to keep Makoto in check.
3) She obviously feels some remorse after betraying Kotonoha. She changes from a bright and cheerful person to someone who is constantly troubled. Unfortunately she does not act upon those feelings of guilt and makes things worse.