View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 18:39   Link #11298
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
It has been explained numerous times previously that is irrational for someone who knows about the bomb and wants it to kill everyone to actually kill anyone with their own hands -- why bother, dirty your hands, and increase the chance that someone will seek refuge in the woods or elsewhere the explosion does not reach, when you can just wait?
Making them seek refuge in the parlor for example makes sense if you want them to wait out the remaining time distracted by something else (mostly hate for a murderer) until it happens. Or if you want to send a message to Battler, which we know is someone's motive.

We know the bomb happens after the 2 days. We also assume murders happen during those two days. Now me personally I think whether the culprit knows or not about the bomb is irrelevant. The fact is people have a motive for murder. People have a motive to make the bomb. The bomb can be explained later. What I'm more concerned about is: if the bomb was used for murder does that even make sense? Why give them two days to live if you hate them and yourself enough to destroy everything on a 10 KM island? Why not do it right away?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote